Young-Nall House, County Highway 40 at Lake Berry Road, Burkville, Lowndes County, AL
See 17 maps of this location
Context View Southeast Corner
Context View, Northeast Corner
Context View, Northwest Corner
Context View Southwest Corner
Front Elevation, West Side
Side Elevation, North Side
Photo Caption Pages
No images were found.
County Highway 40 at Lake Berry Road, Burkville vicinity, AL
Find maps of Burkville, AL
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AL-886
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-75).
Building/structure dates: 1825 initial construction
Significance: The Young-Nall House is a one-story frame house built ca. 1825 in northeast Lowndes County. It was the center of a large 19th century plantation complex and has been in the possession of the original family to the present. The house and several outbuildings remain intact and still exhibit their original architectural character.
Young, William B.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Context view Southeast corner
2. Context view, northeast corner
3. Context view, northwest corner
4. Context view southwest corner
5. Front elevation, west side
6. Side elevation, north side
7. Rear elevation, East side
8. Side elevation, south side
9. Staircase in center section
10. Wall and closet detail
11. Corner board and sill detail
12. Fireplace and mantel detail
13. Foundation detail
14. Chimney detail
15. Chimney and shutter detail
Back to Burkville vicinity, Alabama