Josiah Haigler Plantation Commissary, County Highway 37 North of U.S. Highway 80, Burkville, Lowndes County, AL
See 19 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
County Highway 37 North of U.S. Highway 80, Burkville vicinity, AL
Find maps of Burkville, AL
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AL-884-B
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-71).
Building/structure dates: 1860 initial construction
Significance: The Haigler Commissary is significant for its association with the plantation complex and its role in the agricultural and commercial history of Lowndes County and the Black Belt region.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Context view, Northeast side
2. Context view, southeast side
3. Front elevation, east side
4. Side elevation, Southeast side
5. View of east side
6. Inside view of northeast corner
7. Inside view of southwest corner
Back to Burkville vicinity, Alabama