Naval Operating Base Dutch Harbor & Fort Mears, Warehouse, Unalaska, Aleutian Islands, AK
Photo Caption Pages
Warehouse, Unalaska, AK
Find maps of Unalaska, AK
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AK-34-L
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-16).
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
National Register Number: 85002733
Significance: This is representative of the many warehouses constructed on naval bases throughout the U.S. and her territories, providing storage space for materials contributing to the war effort.
Office Of The Quartermaster General
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. OVERVIEW, SHOWING REALATION TO HEADQUARTERS AREA, LOOKING NORTHWEST
2. SIDE, LOOKING WEST
3. CORNER, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
4. SIDE, LOOKING EAST
5. INTERIOR, ENTRANCE TO GROUND FLOOR
6. INTERIOR, GROUND FLOOR
7. INTERIOR, SHOWING GROUND FLOOR FOUNDATION AND FRAMING
8. INTERIOR, SECOND FLOOR, SHOWING ROOF FRAMING
Back to Unalaska, Alaska